We have seen different ways of marketing. In the initial phase, marketing was done through Television and radio. But now that time has changed technology has commercialized advertisement through social media. According to data, about 80% of people want to advertise their social media rather than on television and other stuff. But it does not mean social media marketing does not have drawbacks. So here we are to give you a proper idea and knowledge about the Advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing.
you can clearly understand by name that social media marketing is done through social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. Each platform offers you different features to do marketing in a better way. Though these methods are recent in comparison to other platforms of marketing. But still, you can rely on them for now. To understand digital marketing you have to first understand why people are choosing digital marketing over traditional methods. So let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing.
Before we know the advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing lets into the topic you should know what social media marketing is.
What is social media marketing?
social media marketing means to market or advertise your product and then sell through generating leads. Your marketing strategy can be short-term or long-term, depending on your needs.
Why people chose social media marketing?
There are a lot of different factors that lead to the empowerment of social media marketing.
- We all know smartphones have taken over the minds of youth. There are currently more than 3.5 billion users of social media all over the world. So we can imagine how massive it can be to utilize the proper power of social media. Sources like Facebook and Instagram have a strong ecosystem of AI which means we can rely on them with relief.
- Data suggest about 46% of the world population is using social media and their average time for spending is 3-4 hrs per day. This massive consumption of social media leads to good conversion of goods sales.
- Media influencers on social media have played important role in its empowerment. People make their choice to buy a good after they watch a person whom they follow. So it becomes easy for brands to grow sales.
- Somewhere social media marketing is very affordable as compared to traditional ways to run ads on TVs. You can even advertise your product for as low as 500rs. So we can imagine how affordable it is.
- On social media anyone can run ads on any level it does not matter whether Add is for a brand or any casual product but on televisions and radio, an ordinary man can’t run ads easily. Because it is very expensive for small enterprises.
Advantages and Disadvantages of social media marketing
Advantages of social media marketing
1. As we discussed an earlier wide range of people is involved in social media. They use it frequently and somewhere they have also developed trust in it. The wide presence of social media is a key factor for growth which poses its solid advantage.
2. Marketing on social media is very less challenging it is not a big deal to advertise your product on social media. It is so easy that even a 10-year-old kid can understand it easily. Whereas traditional methods are not easy they have a lot of complications in advertising your product.
3. We know all platforms have strong social media platforms and have strong Algorithms and artificial intelligence through which you can target your audience directly in a very intelligent way. But traditional methods do not offer these features which can also be the reason audience has shifted.
4. Social media marketing offers you to build your personal brand very easily. It also helps you to build your leadership funnel through marketing.
5. In business we know the customer is king and we know through social media customer service has become so easy that a company can solve thousands of queries online which it could not do in a physical state.
6. Humans like to make things simple and this is what Social media does it make complex things simple. Which expands its accessibility.
7. Constant need for content is the core of the development of social media culture. Audiences always expect the creator to post new and extraordinary content.
8. social media marketing allows the brand to get customer insight and get ready according to the trend. Brands post out some questions to the audience to which the audience responds and then the brand evaluates.
Disadvantages of social media marketing
1. Prone to high competition is the biggest disadvantage in this marketing strategy because everyone nowadays is using social media to market which makes it highly competitive which is good for the environment but it becomes very difficult for a new brand to disrupt the market because great sharks in business already have a stronghold in the market.
2. It is a very time-consuming process to build your brand through social media marketing. To get the maximum benefit out of social media, one has to proactively participate in it. Brands have to post or tweet frequently and interact with people. On social media consistency and interaction with your audience is necessary for brands. Brand or self-entrepreneur have to answer the queries. All this consumes a lot of time which is slightly hard to do.
3. When social media platforms are used for your product promotion, people are free to give their views. There is an equal probability of getting both positive and negative comments. Though you can decrease the impact of negative comments through different actions, you cannot nullify them.
4. online marketing strategies have one of the lowest returns initially. If the engagement level with the audience is low then your follower base will be decreased. As ROI depends on your customers, you have to retain them consistently. If your brand or business is not well aware of a particular group of people or location, otherwise it will be hard to establish a good customer base. You will have an edge if you already have a follower prior.
5. Every day we hear some news about social media platforms. Sometimes Government is not comfortable with the policies of social media platforms so they have to sanction them or ban them permanently in this case brands and small digital marketers face huge losses. Forex. Govt of India banned TikTok for data privacy reasons. Such sanctions may make potential customers shy away from social media, and this could reduce the effectiveness of using social networks for marketing purposes.
So in this blog advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing, we have seen both pros and cons so let’s conclude it.
conclusion – Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing
Companies are using social media marketing as a new method to expand themselves. It has gained huge success because of its brilliant leading factors. Though it also has some cons as everything has. But every strategy or asset in business is measured by its return on investment and when it comes to returns in social media marketing, it has very good results. Not any other technology or mode is better than social media marketing. At the end of this blog advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing, we can say that social media marketing is far better than another technology.
Hope you enjoyed, reading this blog’s advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing.